What about selling the honey?

If the honey produced is only for your personal consumption then you are not considered to be a food business. However, if you are selling your honey to either larger honey packers or direct to the consumer, you will need to be a registered food business. Registration forms are available on the City’s website.

If you are selling direct to the consumer, your honey must be properly packaged and carry the required food labels. For more information on the requirements of operating a food business, please contact the City’s Health Services on 92679267 or visit our website.