Noise information fact sheets

Noise emissions must generally comply with the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997. These regulations can be quite complex and will depend on the exact nature of the situation. Different types of noise have different requirements. To help explain the situation the City has developed a number of simple noise information fact sheets to help clarify some common situations.

If you have problems with noise from barking dogs please contact the City's Customer Services on 9267 9267 as this matter is covered under the Dog Act 1976 and not the noise regulations.

For more information on noise please refer to the following information sheets:

To lodge a noise complaint, please complete the Noise Complaint Form(PDF, 182KB) and submit to the City either by post or email.

For action by the WA Police please call 131 444 or visit the WA Police website.