The first Local Area Plan (LAP) for Upper Swan was adopted in 2017. The LAP is currently being reviewed.
Stage one of community consultation ran from April to May 2023 and stage two ran from July 17 to August 28, 2023.
Stage one of the consultation has resulted in the determination of the Upper Swan local area priorities:
- Improve Traffic Management on Local Roads.
- Protect the Habitats of Wildlife.
- Maintain Local Government Parks and Reserves.
- Better Manage and Monitor the Impact of Land Uses.
- Improve the Pedestrian Movement and Access Network.
The draft Local Area Plan is currently being prepared for Council adoption.
Upper Swan Local Area Key Information
The previous LAP for Upper Swan was adopted in 2017. As some time has now passed since this LAP was adopted, the City is preparing a new LAP to recognise the changing priorities and aspirations of the community in 2023.
Upper Swan, Bullsbrook, Brigadoon, Baskerville and Walyunga National Park
During this consultation we met with locals and visitors at the following events between April and May:
- April 28, 2023: Baskerville Hall Pop-in
- May 2, 2023: Briefing at Upper Swan District Residents and Ratepayers Association Meeting
- May 6, 2023: Clementine Estate – BBQ in the Park
- May 15, 2023: Baskerville Hall Pop-in
- May 23, 2023: Baskerville Hall Pop-in
- May 28, 2023: Gidgegannup Small Farm Field Day
- May 31, 2023: People at Place – Swan Valley at Baskerville Hall
- 737 social media engagements
- 7 consultation events
- 182 survey responses
During phase two we ran the following events:
- July 24, 2023 – Baskerville Hall Meeting Room – 3 - 6pm
- August 14, 2023 – Baskerville Hall – Registered Creative Café – 4:30 - 7:30pm
- August 22, 2023 - Baskerville Hall Meeting Room – 1:30 - 5pm