Bushfire Advisory Committee
The Bushfire Advisory Committee (BFAC) was established pursuant to Section 67 of the Bush Fires Act 1954. Our vision is to make the City of Swan a safe community by managing the risk of fire through the delivery and implementation of fire prevention, preparedness, response and recovery strategies.
It is the objective of the Committee to advise the Council on matters relating to:
- Strategic actions on fire suppression, fire prevention and community education initiatives
- The implementation of outcomes contained in approved annual business plan for the Community Safety Business Unit
- Additional finance or resource needs
- The effective use of personnel, training, equipment, protective clothing and communication facilities.
The Committee consists of the following representatives/officers:
- Council Representative/s
- Deputy Delegate Councillor/s
- Chief Executive Officer (or delegate)
- Manager Community Safety & Places
- Chief Bush Fire Control Officer
- Deputy Chief Bush Fire Control Officer/s
- Brigade Captains (or delegates)
- Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- Department of Parks and Wildlife
Residents and Community members are welcome to attend the meetings which are held in the Council Chambers at the Midland Town Hall commencing at 6.00pm and are held on every second Thursday of the 3rd month.
Future BFAC meetings are scheduled for the following dates below:
- December 5, 2019
- March 12, 2020
- June 11, 2020
- September 10, 2020
- December 3, 2020