Film and photography requests

The City of Swan is full of unique and interesting places that are perfect for both filming and photography.

If you are interested in filming or photography for commercial purposes, on or in public land or buildings, then please contact us to ensure the relevant approvals are granted.

As a minimum, we require you to provide:

  • A copy of your Certificate of Currency for Public Liability
  • The filming location (all locations if more than one)
  • The date and time of filming
  • The number of people involved on the day (cast and crew)
  • Brief description of the project including:
    • Purpose of the project
    • Description of the filming activity (i.e. what will happen on the day)
    • Details of any special equipment in use on the day (i.e. is power required, generators, lighting, smoke machines, dollies, scaffolding etc).

The current minimum insurance requirements are:

  • Public Liability $10m
  • Product Liability $10m and
  • Professional Indemnity $5m.

There are strict regulations around the use of drones for filming and photography and these are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

If you wish to use the roads while filming, you will need to submit a Traffic Management Plan for authorisation at least six weeks before your intended dates of filming. 

We are also more than happy to assist with searches for locations and/or venues to help you find just what you are looking for.

If you would like to request to film or photograph, please email

Please ensure requests are sent a minimum of two weeks prior to the date of your intended activity to allow for the necessary approvals. Any requests received with less than two weeks’ notice may not be granted approval.

Please note: News media are exempt from the requirement to gain approvals.

If you wish to book a facility within the City of Swan, please contact

Film and photography request form

Back to of the page