We display a revolving range of temporary exhibitions at the Talkie Tea Rooms. These showcase local events, artists and arts programs and is visible to pedestrians 24/7.
Current photographs include:
- Power House Site (first half) 
- Men in front of the train – 1st North bound train to leave Midland Junction 
- Midland Post Office (then known as Telegraph Office) 
- Locomotives inside the Midland Railway Workshops 
- Old Midland Court House (Opened 1987)
- Halliday’s Blacksmith & Wheelwright, Spring Park Rd, Midland 
- Power House Site (other half) 
Want to be featured? Contact us
Community groups and clubs can hire our pop-up movie trailer for free (with a refundable bond).
The trailer includes everything needed to set up and show a movie both indoors and outdoors, including a generator for power.
Before planning a movie night consider:
- Your objectives. Is it to celebrate, activate a local space or offer community fun
- How many people would you like to attend
- Who you want to attend
- Your budget. How much will you need for venue, advertising, catering etc
- Where you want it to be
- The venue’s capacity, parking and accessibility(open in new window)
- The movie you want to show. You will need to obtain permission from the copyright owner before screening any movie in public and you will need to pay the licence fee
- Weather and the time of sunset
- Other entertainment.
Pop-up Play brings a temporary playground to a greenspace near you. This kind of unstructured play invites children to be imaginative, creative, experimental and, most of all, have fun.
Contact us to arrange