A Scheme Amendment is a change to the zoning and/or permissibility of uses within the City's Local Planning Scheme No. 17.
How do I make a Scheme Amendment?
Scheme Amendments occur for different reasons, such as:
- a change in zoning to accommodate development
- a change in the R-Codes to increase residential density
- a change in the Scheme’s wording
- to correct any inconsistency or error.
We strongly recommend you contact us before drafting a Scheme Amendment Proposal. We will give you guidance on the information that you will need to provide.
Contact us to arrange a meeting with a Planning Officer.
Prepare a Scheme Amendment Report that outlines:
- current scheme provisions and the proposed change to the scheme provisions
- a suitable justification for the scheme amendment proposal
- sufficient detail of the proposed development or change in land use, if applicable.
Submit your Scheme Amendment Report either:
- via email to email@example.com
- in person or post to City of Swan Administration, 2 Midland Square, Midland, 6056.
We will send you an invoice once we receive your application. View our schedule of fees. (open in new window)