Scheme amendment

A Scheme Amendment is a change to the zoning and/or permissibility of uses within the City's Local Planning Scheme No. 17.

How do I make a Scheme Amendment?

Scheme Amendments occur for different reasons, such as:

  • a change in zoning to accommodate development
  • a change in the R-Codes to increase residential density
  • a change in the Scheme’s wording
  • to correct any inconsistency or error.

We strongly recommend you contact us before drafting a Scheme Amendment Proposal. We will give you guidance on the information that you will need to provide.

Contact us to arrange a meeting with a Planning Officer.

Prepare a Scheme Amendment Report that outlines:

  • current scheme provisions and the proposed change to the scheme provisions
  • a suitable justification for the scheme amendment proposal
  • sufficient detail of the proposed development or change in land use, if applicable.

Submit your Scheme Amendment Report either:

  • via email to
  • in person or post to City of Swan Administration, 2 Midland Square, Midland, 6056.

We will send you an invoice once we receive your application. View our schedule of fees. (open in new window)

Back to of the page