Volunteering is contribution of time, effort and talent to a need, cause or mission without financial gain. Consider becoming a volunteer and help make a difference in our community.
There’s so much you can do, like:
- Fundraising, events, marketing
- Administration or committees
- Programs and services for vulnerable or disadvantaged people
- Arts, culture, leisure, sport
- Animals or the environment.
Learn more about what it means to volunteer in our ‘Welcome to volunteering’ brochure(open in new window) or view these frequently asked questions.
To volunteer in the local area, get in touch with our team at the Swan Volunteer Resource Centre on (08) 9278 9690.
If you’d like to volunteer, why not volunteer with the City of Swan?
Our teams are always looking for volunteers to help with community care, bush fire brigades, at our libraries, our recycling centres, at the SVRC or at one of our exciting events.
We’ll provide; all the training you need, out-of-pocket expenses, and insurance cover. You’ll also have the chance to learn new skills and make new friends along the way.
Examples of City of Swan volunteering roles include:
- Swan Community Care: Bus drivers, activity assistants, vehicle detailers, office assistants
- Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade: Firefighter, cadets, communications
- City of Swan Libraries: Home library service, administration assistance
- Art and Culture: Gallery attendants, visual art assistant, theatre assistant
- Community Events: Hyper Youth Festival, resident groups, and more
- Swan Volunteer Resource Centre, referral officers and social media.
Contact our Coordinator of Volunteers on (08) 9278 9690 for more information.
Individuals can volunteer their time in a wide variety of community organisations. These roles cover many different areas of interest, with varying levels of experience and time frames.
You can even work remotely from home in some cases.
Community volunteer opportunities could include:
- Fundraising, events, marketing, administration, or committees
- Services for older people, youth or people living with disabilities
- Arts, culture, leisure, sport, and recreation
- Animals or the environment
- Website design, strategic planning, mentoring, advocacy.
If you’re interested in a role in the wider community, the Swan Volunteer Resource Centre can help you find opportunities in many not-for-profit, community organisations.
Call the Swan Volunteer Resource Centre on (08) 9278 9690 for more information.
The Swan Volunteer Resource Centre is a 'gateway' to all things volunteering.
- A free referral service to enquiring volunteers
- A free support resource to volunteer involving organisations in the City of Swan.
You can book an appointment in our Midland office to find the right role for you. Appointments are also available with one of our trained Referral Officers in Bullsbrook or Ellenbrook.
Location and contact details
Unit 23, 8-12 Stafford Street
Monday: 10am - 4pm
Tuesday: 10am - 4pm
Thursday: 10am - 4pm
Friday: 10am - 4pm
To make an application, please complete this application form(open in new window).
Before applying, you might find this information on volunteering for culturally and linguistically diverse communities useful.
This document is also available in a number of languages:
- Giới thiệu về hoạt động tình nguyện cho các cộng đồng Đa dạng về Văn hóa và Ngôn ngữ (CaLD)
- Isang pagpapakilala sa pagboboluntaryo (volunteering) para sa mga pamayanang Iba’t-iba ang Kultura at Wika o Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD)
- Un’introduzione al volontariato per le comunità culturalmente e linguisticamente diverse (CaLD)
- مقدمة عن التطوع للمجتمعات
المتنوعة ثقافي ً ا ولغويا (CaLD)
- ਸਭਿਆਚਾਰਕ ਅਤੇ ਭਾਸ਼ਾਈ ਤੌਰ ‘ਤੇ ਵਿਵਿਧ (CaLD) ਭਾਈਚਾਰਿਆਂ ਲਈ ਵਲੰਟੀਅਰ ਬਣਨ ਬਾਰੇ ਜਾਣ ਪਛਾਣ